We are seeking a Technical Lead, Test Equipment Design to join the UK R&D facility of this world-leading company and to lead the design and project management activities for a small area of the business or specific project subsystem/ sub-assembly/Test system including day to day control of assigned staff.
The role is suitable for people who wish to take their first step into team leadership of multi-disciplinary teams (sometimes Multi-national), including manufacturing and test, delivering tasks and equipment to demanding project timescales.
As Technical Lead, Test Equipment Design you will: propose, design, develop and manufacture applicable test system(s); deliver the designs in accordance to specification, time and cost objectives; develop and maintain the work plans and report progress as required; and load and manage relevant work into other Operations/T&E functions.
You will assign & lead the necessary people resources to achieve the planned workload and will track the workload for the team and negotiate/implement priorities, as necessary. You will also continuously develop the technical and personal skills and competencies of the individuals and the team as a whole by personal mentoring, use of on the job and structured training as appropriate. The role will also involve performing one-to-one reviews for staff.
You will continuously improve the performance and contribution of the team for both Project and Functional activities and will identify and manage local improvement plans for the team. Where applicable to the needs of the task, or as part of functional development activities, you will develop areas of co-ordination and co-operation with other functions of the company and the equivalent electronics team in France and Italy.
To succeed as Technical Lead, Test Equipment Design you will have significant experience in similar roles, preferably in the defence industry and will have completed min 4/ 5 major test equipment designs.
You will have broad technical knowledge in more than one of the following domains:-
• Test System Architecture definition embracing Electronic, Mechanical and Software disciplines.
• Subsystem/board electronic architecture definition from sub-system requirement inputs
• Design of Xilinx FPGA devices (including SoC configurations).
• Design of Digital Electronics test solutions including Microprocessors (e.g Power PC, ARM)
• Design of Analogue Electronics test solutions (up to and including RF)
• Design of Power Electronics test solutions (e.g. PSU's Actuator drive circuitry)
Related competence in more than one of the following:-
• The use of CAE Design tools (Schematic Editors - Zuken preferred)
• Negotiation of subsystem requirements with the systems authority and manufacturing
• Writing Subsystem Requirement and associated documents
• Ability to provide succinct and accurate reports and presentations
• Understanding and working with COTS based solutions
• Test design and testability tools (e.g. Labview, TestWay and eXpress)
You will be joining a world leading, global missile systems company, delivering cutting-edge technologies to their multinational customer base. They operate in all of the major world markets and are the only company able to design and produce missiles and missile systems for army, navy and air forces.
With around 10,000 employees based across the UK, France, Italy, Germany and the USA, their growing reputation for innovation and technical excellence owes much to their engineering facilities, rated amongst the most modern in the world.